David H. Greene and his two sons-in-law, David T. Stuck and Blaine A. Rabbers, founded Fibre Converters in 1949 in Three Rivers, Michigan.
Prior to starting Fibre Converters, Greene had a distinguished career in the paper industry in Wisconsin, Illinois, Louisiana and Michigan. Original products included laminated kraft board for grease proof folding cartons and interior poster board.
In 1953, the company developed a non-staining and flame resistant alternative to paperboard saturated with asphalt for automotive interior trim components including door panels, package trays, and sun visors. With the development of polyethylene, it became possible to offer a "clean" and cost-effective moisture barrier poly-coated board concealed just below the surface. The subsequent line of Valdor barrier and coated products developed by the company soon became the standard within the industry for interior trim applications and a springboard into new markets using poly-coated board.
In 1993, having outgrown the original site and numerous expansion projects, the company moved to new facilities in Constantine where a new state-of-the-art solid fiber laminator was installed. Since the move, the company has made ongoing improvements to the laminating line including two-color flexographic printing and added off-line die cutting capacity. In 1999 a new division was formed which extrudes a compression moldable composite product made from recycled thermo-plastic resin and wood flour. In 2008, an extrusion coating and laminating line was installed increasing vertical integration and providing additional direct sales. Today, product is shipped throughout the United States and exported internationally for a wide variety of applications.
- James D. Stuck, President and C.E.O
- David M. Posey, Vice President of Finance
- David C. Lushin, Director of Supply Chain
- Mark Schuppel, Director of Operations